Sunday, November 1, 2009

First blog post

I'm inspired by the blogs of my daughters, so I'm accepting the challenge of writing a blog post each day in November.

By the way, I spent maybe 30 milliseconds deciding on a title for my blog, and it isn't "A. Craig Walker's Blog". It is "A Craig Walker's Blog", a significant difference. In other words, it isn't "The Craig Walker's Blog" just "A Craig Walker's Blog".

Today was stake conference for the Cedar Mill Oregon Stake. Our ward was assigned the 10AM session at the stake center. The high point of the conference for me was sitting together with my youngest son. I won't dwell on the reason for us sitting together at the back, namely that he was slow getting up and dealing with a sore toe so I remained behind to go with him (Suzanne and "on time" Daniel left without us). We arrived quite late. In fact, so late the parking lot was full so we parked up the street at Five Oaks School. It was a nice, sunny day, so other than being late it was a pleasant little walk. Anyway, I didn't let any of that bother me, but enjoyed the conference and counted my blessings as I contemplated the fundamental goodness of each of my children, and was pleased to be sitting with Steven (http://steven-walker.blogspot.com).

2 comments:

  1. When I saw the picture of you that appears on the right side of my screen at the top of the green block, the one where you are young and wearing a suit, I realized how much Bridget resembles you. I never think about her resembling you as much as I do Teresa, but they both do in different ways.

    Enjoyed your posts. Keep on bloggin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of these daily posts may inspire me to finally START my own blog, but I've had problems just signing in to make comments so we'll see...

    ReplyDelete